Meet Tutu Chic, a Belgian fashion brand that represents the motto “La vie en Rose” 100%.
The Belgian fashion- and lifestyle label TUTU CHIC of fashion designer Freya Poppe, is well known for the motto “La Vie en Rose”. Since 2012, TUTU CHIC creates luxurious, stylish and happy outfits for women who want to stand out from the crowd. Customers from over the whole world fancy the pink lifestyle of this ambitious fashion label. “Let women, feel and BE women, strong, powerful ladybosses, with a poppy and happy twist” - Freya Poppe
ABOUT TUTU CHIC
TUTU CHIC was founded in 2012 by the Belgian fashion – entrepreneur Freya Poppe. Within a few years, lots of hard work (powered by her passion and her entrepreneur-skills), Freya managed to build this strong brand from scratch.
The pink lifestyle label stands for luxurious signature pieces, with a big heart for colors and stylish cuts.
Freya Poppe is the daughter of a creative entrepreneurs’ family and worked from very young age as entrepreneur and creative brain. For years she studied fashion design in Antwerp and worked very hard to get her fashion skills on point. “How can I call myself a real designer, if I wouldn’t understand how for example a pattern is assembled?” Her several business degrees and experiences gave her the courage to start the company. TUTU CHIC was born. A brand with a particularly chic, positive and exclusive look that was still lacking in the Belgian market.
Signature pieces like the hand knitted vests, the luxurious fabrics, the love for colours are just a few examples of the strong brand.
Today, TUTU CHIC is sold in more than 40 partner stores and the collections are available over the whole world throughout the official webshop: www.tutuchic.be
Since 2016 the ambitious Freya got some national fame through 2 seasons of the television show on VIJF “Pink Ambition”.
The HQ (headquarters), atelier and showroom of TUTU CHIC have been located from June 2016 in a complete new building in Kruibeke (near Antwerp). The HQ, provides extra room for further growth of the successful brand. With two main collections per year, our own atelier and never-out of stock items, TUTU CHIC has gained a solid market position.
As entrepreneur, she is always on the go, and looking for the next step. Next to our own Gin, Tutu Chic launched their first shoe collection. Alongside Tutu Chic, exists Tutu Dors. The bedding brand for which Freya has designed her own line of
boxsprings, mattresses and sheets in the same spirit as the clothing line, so customers can really immerse themselves into the Tutu Chic world.
- Freya Poppe graduates as a fashion designer
- The launch of Tutu Chic
- First showroom at Paris Fashion Week
- Selling point at Xtreme Lab Antwerp
- International webshop launch
- Fashion show and selling at Smets Store Brussels
- Nominated for Business of Design Week Hong Kong
- Designed a dress for Mathilde, queen of Belgium
- Start season 1 of "Pink Ambition" at VIJF TV
- Special project with K3
- Expansion to 12 partnership stores
- Opening Boutique Tutu Chic Antwerp
- Season 2 of "Pink Ambition" at VIJF TV
- Tutu Chic HQ moves to a larger space in Kruibeke
- Big Tutu Chic Defilé for 600 people in Antwerp
- Start of Tutu Dors "the bedding brand"
- Launch of our own Tutu Chic (pink) Gin
- Opening first Pop-up store Tutu Dors in Waasland Shopping Center
- Opening second Pop-up store Tutu Chic / Tutu Dors in Hasselt
- Pop-up store in Knokke
- Start of our own Freakshakes and a food concept
- Collaboration with multinational Fujifilm
- Pop-up store in Wijnegem Shopping Center
- Release of the Tutu Chic Chocolates "Choclair"
- Pop-up store Stadsfeestzaal Antwerp
- Tutu Chic landed an investment after presenting her concept at the television show “Leeuwenkuil” on VIER. The Belgian equivalent of the UK show “Dragons’ Den” and the US version “Shark Tank”
- International breakthrough with new partnership stores in the UK and the Netherlands
- Freya and her fiancé Jonas participate in the Dutch tv-program "Steenrijk Straatarm"
- Launch of the Tutu Chic Sneaker collection
- Tutu Chic nominated for BELGIAN FASHION BRAND OF THE YEAR; 2nd place!
- Collaboration with CDKN with a Shop in Shop at Wijnegem Shopping Center
- ... and so many exciting things to come...